More flower boards for Ahok, Djarot delivered to City Hall
The Jakarta Post
Flower boards with appreciative messages dedicated to former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama and incumbent Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat keep being delivered to City Hall as the latter is set to end his term on Oct. 15.
Governor-elect Anies Baswedan, who attended a meeting at City Council, which is in the same compound as City Hall, on Wednesday refused to discuss the flower boards.
“Let it be a decent [celebration],” he simply said.
While previously flower boards graced only City Hall’s parking lot, as of Wednesday, they have reached the office’s garden.
The flowers boards have various messages, mostly expressing appreciation for Ahok and Djarot’s leadership.
A long flower board praised Ahok and Djarot’s performance: “Ali Sadikin, Jakarta governor for the period of 1966 to 1977, was a good governor. Thirty-five years after his term , other good leaders came along, Jokowi-Ahok. We may not see good governors again even in another 35 years. Cry4JKT.”
Meanwhile, there was only one floral arrangement for Jakarta governor- elect Anies Baswedan and deputy governor-elect Sandiaga Uno, who are set to be inaugurated on Oct. 16.
“Thank you Bpk. Djarot S. Hidayat. Congratulations to Bpk. Anies Baswedan and Bpk. Sandiaga Uno,” a message on a flower board sent by Riza Willano SP read. (cal)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world