More flower boards for Ahok, Djarot delivered to City Hall
The Jakarta Post
Flower boards with appreciative messages dedicated to former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama and incumbent Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat keep being delivered to City Hall as the latter is set to end his term on Oct. 15.
Governor-elect Anies Baswedan, who attended a meeting at City Council, which is in the same compound as City Hall, on Wednesday refused to discuss the flower boards.
“Let it be a decent [celebration],” he simply said.
While previously flower boards graced only City Hall’s parking lot, as of Wednesday, they have reached the office’s garden.
The flowers boards have various messages, mostly expressing appreciation for Ahok and Djarot’s leadership.
A long flower board praised Ahok and Djarot’s performance: “Ali Sadikin, Jakarta governor for the period of 1966 to 1977, was a good governor. Thirty-five years after his term , other good leaders came along, Jokowi-Ahok. We may not see good governors again even in another 35 years. Cry4JKT.”
Meanwhile, there was only one floral arrangement for Jakarta governor- elect Anies Baswedan and deputy governor-elect Sandiaga Uno, who are set to be inaugurated on Oct. 16.
“Thank you Bpk. Djarot S. Hidayat. Congratulations to Bpk. Anies Baswedan and Bpk. Sandiaga Uno,” a message on a flower board sent by Riza Willano SP read. (cal)
- Xpress Air prepares new Jambi-Bandung flight route to boost tourism
- 33 trees fall in Jakarta after heavy rainfall
- Palapa Ring’s west package to be completed in Q1 of 2018
- BCA, Indonesia AirAsia sign deal on digital service cooperation
- Bali among top three destinations for Australian travelers: Official
- No escape: Climate displacement in Indonesia
- Iran Revolutionary Guards ready to back Palestinian forces
- Jakarta Council Speaker urges Anies to focus on work
- Activists slam Jokowi for lip service on human rights cases
- Trump tells NASA to send Americans to Moon