Sandiaga skips police questioning to prepare for inauguration
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta deputy governor-elect Sandiaga Uno was unable to meet a summons issued by the Jakarta Police for questioning on Wednesday in his capacity as a witness in a land embezzlement case owing to inauguration preparations.
Sandiaga and governor-elect Anies Baswedan are set to be inaugurated on Oct. 16 at the State Palace.
“We will reschedule the questioning,” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Sandiaga and his business partner Andreas Tjahjadi were reported by tycoon Edward S. Soeryadjaya to the Jakarta Police for their alleged involvement in a land embezzlement case in Curug, South Tangerang, in 2012.
Sandiaga previously denied the claim, saying the allegation was politically motivated. (cal)
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Minister Susi to display 10 arrested foreign-flagged fishing vessels
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence