Soldiers fight over trash
The Jakarta Post
A quarrel reportedly involving an Indonesian Military (TNI) member occurred on Jl. Pemuda in Rawamangun, East Jakarta, on Friday afternoon.
In a video that has since gone viral, the member of the military is seen fighting with the driver of a car. The fight reportedly ensued after the car driver was seen throwing trash on the street. The trash hit the TNI member's wife, who was riding a motorcycle with him.
After the TNI member stopped the car, he and the driver began fighting.
Jakarta Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono confirmed the incident.
“We are coordinating with the military police [to settle the case],” he said as quoted by kompas.com.
Separately, Navy spokesman Col. Gig Jonias Mozes Sipasulta said that both men involved in the fighting were Navy personnel.
“The case has been resolved because they are part of military family,” he said. (ecn)
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama