Pulo Mas equestrian facility to be completed next month
The Jakarta Post
City-owned construction company PT Jakarta Propertindo (Jakpro) is positive that it will wrap up construction work on one of the venues for the 2018 Asian Games, the equestrian facility in Pulo Mas, East Jakarta, next month.
Jakpro corporate secretary Erry Gunari Prakasa said that the construction progress had reached 50.20 percent as of Aug. 29, beating the target of 48.28 percent.
"We are optimistic that [the construction] can be completed by November, because the development of the equestrian [facility] has periodically exceeded the target," Erry said, as quoted by beritajakarta.id on Friday.
He added that the Rp 417 billion (US$30.8 million) facility was built to international standards and could host up to 1,000 spectators. It was set to be equipped with 100 stables, athletes lodging, an animal hospital, training places and a parking area on a 35-hectare plot of land.
"Thirty-nine percent of the budgeted funds has been used up," Erry said. "We are planning to hold a test event in December." (dis)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy