Pulo Mas equestrian facility to be completed next month
The Jakarta Post
City-owned construction company PT Jakarta Propertindo (Jakpro) is positive that it will wrap up construction work on one of the venues for the 2018 Asian Games, the equestrian facility in Pulo Mas, East Jakarta, next month.
Jakpro corporate secretary Erry Gunari Prakasa said that the construction progress had reached 50.20 percent as of Aug. 29, beating the target of 48.28 percent.
"We are optimistic that [the construction] can be completed by November, because the development of the equestrian [facility] has periodically exceeded the target," Erry said, as quoted by beritajakarta.id on Friday.
He added that the Rp 417 billion (US$30.8 million) facility was built to international standards and could host up to 1,000 spectators. It was set to be equipped with 100 stables, athletes lodging, an animal hospital, training places and a parking area on a 35-hectare plot of land.
"Thirty-nine percent of the budgeted funds has been used up," Erry said. "We are planning to hold a test event in December." (dis)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- ASEAN’s priority: China