Profile: Sandiaga Uno
The Jakarta Post
Sandiaga Salahudin Uno, the new deputy governor of Jakarta, was born in Pekanbaru, Riau on June 28, 1969.
He is known as a prominent entrepreneur and has been president director of PT Saratoga Investama Sedaya Tbk, PT Mitra Global Telekomunikasi Indonesia, Fleur Enterprises Limited, PT Lintas Marga Sedaya and Attica Finance Limited.
He served as Vice President of Small and Medium Enterprises at the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KADIN) from 2009 to 2010, and as chairman of the Indonesian Young Entrepreneurs Association (HIPMI) from 2005 to 2008.
Forbes Indonesia named Sandiaga in 2011 as the 37th richest man of Indonesia with a total net worth of US$660 million, while non-governmental organization Enterprise Asia awarded him the 2008 Indonesian Entrepreneur of the Year.
Sandiaga describes himself an accidental entrepreneur, as he was born to a working-class family. Before venturing into entrepreneurship, he once held the post of executive vice president at NTI Resources in Canada in 1995, and worked as an investment manager at Singapore's Seapower Asia Investment in 1993.
Sandiaga obtained his Master of Business Administration in 1992 from the George Washington University, and a Bachelor of Business Administration in 1990 from Wichita State University. (yon)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages