Setya takes the stand in e-ID graft trial
The Jakarta Post
House of Representatives speaker and Golkar Party chairman Setya Novanto appeared in the Jakarta Corruption Court on Friday to testify as a witness against Andi Agustinus, aka Andi Narogong, in the electronic identity (e-ID) graft case.
Setya skipped two previous summonses, citing a medical check-up, among others things.
This is the first time that he will take the stand in the high-profile graft case after the South Jakarta District Court revoked his graft suspect status.
Anang Sugiana Sudihardjo, the president director of IT consultant Quadra Solution, is also set to testify as a witness at Friday’s hearing, along with Setya’s nephew, businessman Irvanto Hendra Pambudi
Irvanto is the director of PT Murakabi Sejahtera, a security printing company that is part of the Murakabi consortium that bid against PNRI and the Astra Graphia consortium to win the project in 2011.
Setya also skipped a questioning session on Monday at the Corruption Eradication Commission headquarters as a witness against Anang, who is accused of bribing lawmakers allegedly through Andi. (ebf)
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources