Setya takes the stand in e-ID graft trial
The Jakarta Post
House of Representatives speaker and Golkar Party chairman Setya Novanto appeared in the Jakarta Corruption Court on Friday to testify as a witness against Andi Agustinus, aka Andi Narogong, in the electronic identity (e-ID) graft case.
Setya skipped two previous summonses, citing a medical check-up, among others things.
This is the first time that he will take the stand in the high-profile graft case after the South Jakarta District Court revoked his graft suspect status.
Anang Sugiana Sudihardjo, the president director of IT consultant Quadra Solution, is also set to testify as a witness at Friday’s hearing, along with Setya’s nephew, businessman Irvanto Hendra Pambudi
Irvanto is the director of PT Murakabi Sejahtera, a security printing company that is part of the Murakabi consortium that bid against PNRI and the Astra Graphia consortium to win the project in 2011.
Setya also skipped a questioning session on Monday at the Corruption Eradication Commission headquarters as a witness against Anang, who is accused of bribing lawmakers allegedly through Andi. (ebf)
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- Public Works and Public Housing Ministry to develop four Priority Destinations
- Victoria's Secret to charm China with fashion gala