Setya takes the stand in e-ID graft trial
The Jakarta Post
House of Representatives speaker and Golkar Party chairman Setya Novanto appeared in the Jakarta Corruption Court on Friday to testify as a witness against Andi Agustinus, aka Andi Narogong, in the electronic identity (e-ID) graft case.
Setya skipped two previous summonses, citing a medical check-up, among others things.
This is the first time that he will take the stand in the high-profile graft case after the South Jakarta District Court revoked his graft suspect status.
Anang Sugiana Sudihardjo, the president director of IT consultant Quadra Solution, is also set to testify as a witness at Friday’s hearing, along with Setya’s nephew, businessman Irvanto Hendra Pambudi
Irvanto is the director of PT Murakabi Sejahtera, a security printing company that is part of the Murakabi consortium that bid against PNRI and the Astra Graphia consortium to win the project in 2011.
Setya also skipped a questioning session on Monday at the Corruption Eradication Commission headquarters as a witness against Anang, who is accused of bribing lawmakers allegedly through Andi. (ebf)
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?