Setya takes the stand in e-ID graft trial
The Jakarta Post
House of Representatives speaker and Golkar Party chairman Setya Novanto appeared in the Jakarta Corruption Court on Friday to testify as a witness against Andi Agustinus, aka Andi Narogong, in the electronic identity (e-ID) graft case.
Setya skipped two previous summonses, citing a medical check-up, among others things.
This is the first time that he will take the stand in the high-profile graft case after the South Jakarta District Court revoked his graft suspect status.
Anang Sugiana Sudihardjo, the president director of IT consultant Quadra Solution, is also set to testify as a witness at Friday’s hearing, along with Setya’s nephew, businessman Irvanto Hendra Pambudi
Irvanto is the director of PT Murakabi Sejahtera, a security printing company that is part of the Murakabi consortium that bid against PNRI and the Astra Graphia consortium to win the project in 2011.
Setya also skipped a questioning session on Monday at the Corruption Eradication Commission headquarters as a witness against Anang, who is accused of bribing lawmakers allegedly through Andi. (ebf)
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'