Memes of Setya ‘pure insult, defamation’
Gemma Holliani Cahya
The Jakarta Post
For Setya, dodging graft charges is not enough. Instead, it is those who insult him that — according to him — should be put in jail.
In an era where almost everyone has access to the internet and social media, public figures — including high-profile politicians at the center of scandals — are easy targets for meme makers; jokes about them are clickbait.
House of Representativ...
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Two dead, seven injured in Prague hotel fire