Memes of Setya ‘pure insult, defamation’
Gemma Holliani Cahya
The Jakarta Post
For Setya, dodging graft charges is not enough. Instead, it is those who insult him that — according to him — should be put in jail.
In an era where almost everyone has access to the internet and social media, public figures — including high-profile politicians at the center of scandals — are easy targets for meme makers; jokes about them are clickbait.
House of Representativ...
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Electric cars made by Indonesian students featured at Jakarta motor show
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- New York Times' Weinstein investigation to be developed as film
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2
- Coal miner Indika to set aside 42% of profit as dividends