Memes of Setya ‘pure insult, defamation’
Gemma Holliani Cahya
The Jakarta Post
For Setya, dodging graft charges is not enough. Instead, it is those who insult him that — according to him — should be put in jail.
In an era where almost everyone has access to the internet and social media, public figures — including high-profile politicians at the center of scandals — are easy targets for meme makers; jokes about them are clickbait.
House of Representativ...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world