Memes of Setya ‘pure insult, defamation’
Gemma Holliani Cahya
The Jakarta Post
For Setya, dodging graft charges is not enough. Instead, it is those who insult him that — according to him — should be put in jail.
In an era where almost everyone has access to the internet and social media, public figures — including high-profile politicians at the center of scandals — are easy targets for meme makers; jokes about them are clickbait.
House of Representativ...
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival
- Saung Angklung Udjo holds seventh Angklung Pride in Bandung