PLN to have only single price for household customers: Minister
The Jakarta Post
State-owned electricity company PLN will consider having a single commercial price for household customers as it plans to scrap the three different prices for household customers receiving electrical services of 900 VA, 1,300 VA and 2,200 VA.
The plan excludes customers who receive a subsidy from the government. This group of customers only receives 450 VA and 900 VA electrical services.
“PLN has agreed to change the groups of household customers. Currently there are groups of household customers who receive 450 VA, 900 VA, 1,300 VA and 2,200 VA of electrical power. Except those who receive a subsidy, household customers will only get 4,400 VA of electrical power,” said Jonan in Jakarta on Tuesday.
“In the future, there will be no such groups. There will only be a single price for all household customers,” he said as reported by tribunnews.com.
Jonan, however, declined to clarify what price would be set by PLN after the groups were scrapped. Such clarification is needed because currently, each group of customers has to pay different prices per kilowatt hour (kWh).
The government has prohibited PLN from increasing electricity prices next year, although Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati had warned about the possible financial problems faced by the company because of the obligation to implement the government program. (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says