Four men arrested for spreading 'deviant' pornography on Facebook
Safrin La Batu
The Jakarta Post
A 42-two-year old man had an inclination for sexual activities involving bondage, discipline, sadism and masochism (BDSM), which in itself does not constitute a crime given its lack of regulation in the country.
But his frequent sharing of photos and videos of his BDSM sexual activities in some Facebook groups since last year led to his arrest by the National Police on allegations of displaying a “pornographic act in public," which is punishable by a maximum of 10 years in prison under the Pornography Law.
In a press conference on Thursday, the police revealed that the reason why he posted the videos and photos to 17 groups, which were created exclusively for people with a BDSM fetish, was because he wanted other people with the same interests to join him.
The police also arrested three other men for allegedly spreading the images and video clips. The men were playing the roles of either master or slave in recorded sexual activity the police deemed “deviant.”
The police insisted on pushing for the case, yet acknowledged that the sexual activities were consensual.
"The two couples' [motive was that they] enjoyed the fetish. We don't have any [trace of] financial transaction [that indicates whether or not it was for financial gain],” National Police Cyber Crime director Adj. Sr. Comr. Susatyo Purnomo said.
The police are also considering whether to charge the four individuals under the Electronic Information and Transactions (ITE) Law. (ipa)
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- A world without America
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad