Coffee exports to South Korea grow 53.01 percent
The Jakarta Post
Coffee exports to South Korea increased by 53.01 percent to US$9.42 million this year up to August, compared to the corresponding period last year, Trade Ministry export development director general Arlinda has said.
She added that in the last five years, coffee exports to the country had grown 14.39 percent annually.
She said coffee had become increasingly popular in South Korea. “Local media say each person drank 500 cups of coffee in 2016 on average,” Arlinda said in a press statement on Tuesday.Read also: Indonesia to boost share in fast-growing coffee market in China
As part of the effort to increase coffee exports, Indonesia took part in the Seoul International Cafe Show 2017, held from Nov. 9 to 12 at the Convention & Exhibition Center in Seoul.
“Indonesia is the fourth largest coffee exporting country in the world. Such an event is an opportunity for us to showcase the quality of Indonesian coffee as well as the variants we have,” she said.
Participation in the fair was coordinated by the Cooperatives, Small and Medium Enterprises Ministry, the Indonesian Embassy in Seoul, the Seoul Trade Attache and the Indonesian Trade Promotion Center Busan.
The Seoul International Cafe Show is a global event that promotes various coffee varieties and its related products. Some 600 participants from 40 countries took part in the event, that was attended by some 160,000 people from 80 countries. (bbn)
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe