TEMPO, CNN journalists elected new AJI leaders
The Jakarta Post
The Alliance of Independent Journalists (AJI) has elected Abdul Manan, a journalist with TEMPO, and CNN Indonesia journalist Revolusi Riza as its new chairman and secretary general, respectively, during the 10th AJI congress in Surakarta, Central Java on Monday.
“37 AJI representatives from across the country have elected Abdul Manan and Revolusi Riza as the new leadership team for the 2017-2020 term,” chairman of the congress Iman Dwi Nugroho announced, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Abdul and Revolusi took over from Suwarjono and Arfi Bambani Amri who acted as the previous chairman and secretary general, respectively.
In his speech, Abdul underlined his commitment to preserving the organization.
The AJI congress ran from Friday to early Monday. Besides the main agenda of the congress, the journalist group also held the 2017 Festival Media exhibition, which was open to the public. (kuk/ebf)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- ASEAN’s priority: China