N. Korea says Trump `begging' for nuclear war with drills
North Korea said the US is “begging” for a nuclear war by planning the “largest-ever” joint aerial drill with South Korea just after concluding an exercise with nuclear-powered aircraft carriers.
“Should the Korean peninsula and the world be embroiled in the crucible of nuclear war because of the reckless nuclear war mania of the US, the US will have to accept full responsibility for it,” North Korea’s state-run Korean Central News Agency said Saturday, citing a statement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The statement came after Yonhap News reported that six US Raptor stealth fighters planes arrived in South Korea on Saturday for a joint air drill named “Vigilant Ace” scheduled for Dec. 4 to 8. The F-22s flew into South Korea together in a show of force, and the allies plan to stage simulated attacks on mock North Korean nuclear and missile targets, according to Yonhap.
North Korea’s comments mirror a statement KCNA made last month, saying Washington is seeking to ignite a nuclear war after US B-1B nuclear strategic bombers stationed in Guam flew into South Korea to stage a drill.
- Only 4 of 6 US-granted F-16s arrive in Indonesia amid engine trouble
- Lazada.co.id to expand warehouses, merchants
- No escape: Climate displacement in Indonesia
- Anies unaware of lunch meeting with mass organizations
- Four arrested over alleged plan to attack police in Riau
- Iran Revolutionary Guards ready to back Palestinian forces
- Lining up for jab at life
- Bali's rumbling volcano slashes peak Christmas tourist numbers
- Jakarta Council Speaker urges Anies to focus on work
- MK rejects petition against investment of haj funds