Cambodia, Bangladesh leaders talk on Rohingya crisis
Rasmei Kampuchea Daily/ANN
Cambodia hopes that Bangladesh and Myanmar find a solution allowing the Rohingya repatriation, Prime Minister Hun Sen said at the joint press conference held following his bilateral meeting with visiting Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina.
For her part, Sheikh Hasina affirmed the Bangladesh’s commitment to provide shelters to some 700,000 Rohingya refugees and to continue negotiating with Myanmar for their repatriation.
Cambodia has confirmed its clear stance over Rohingya crisis in Myanmar.
On Nov. 16, 2017, Cambodian Premier underlined that Rohingya crisis is an internal affair of Myanmar and Cambodia will not interfere in this issue. The Cambodian premier also expressed his sadness over the crisis in Myanmar’s Rakhine State, adding that Cambodia is considering providing humanitarian assistance to Rakhine’s people, some of them are living in Myanmar while others fled to Bangladesh.
This article appeared on the Rasmei Kampuchea Daily newspaper website, which is a member of Asia News Network and a media partner of The Jakarta Post
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Riau ups wildfire alert status
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Big Bad Wolf returns to Jakarta in March