Cambodia, Bangladesh leaders talk on Rohingya crisis
Rasmei Kampuchea Daily/ANN
Cambodia hopes that Bangladesh and Myanmar find a solution allowing the Rohingya repatriation, Prime Minister Hun Sen said at the joint press conference held following his bilateral meeting with visiting Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina.
For her part, Sheikh Hasina affirmed the Bangladesh’s commitment to provide shelters to some 700,000 Rohingya refugees and to continue negotiating with Myanmar for their repatriation.
Cambodia has confirmed its clear stance over Rohingya crisis in Myanmar.
On Nov. 16, 2017, Cambodian Premier underlined that Rohingya crisis is an internal affair of Myanmar and Cambodia will not interfere in this issue. The Cambodian premier also expressed his sadness over the crisis in Myanmar’s Rakhine State, adding that Cambodia is considering providing humanitarian assistance to Rakhine’s people, some of them are living in Myanmar while others fled to Bangladesh.
This article appeared on the Rasmei Kampuchea Daily newspaper website, which is a member of Asia News Network and a media partner of The Jakarta Post
- Only 4 of 6 US-granted F-16s arrive in Indonesia amid engine trouble
- Lazada.co.id to expand warehouses, merchants
- No escape: Climate displacement in Indonesia
- Anies unaware of lunch meeting with mass organizations
- Four arrested over alleged plan to attack police in Riau
- Iran Revolutionary Guards ready to back Palestinian forces
- Lining up for jab at life
- Bali's rumbling volcano slashes peak Christmas tourist numbers
- Jakarta Council Speaker urges Anies to focus on work
- MK rejects petition against investment of haj funds