Cambodia, Bangladesh leaders talk on Rohingya crisis
Rasmei Kampuchea Daily/ANN
Cambodia hopes that Bangladesh and Myanmar find a solution allowing the Rohingya repatriation, Prime Minister Hun Sen said at the joint press conference held following his bilateral meeting with visiting Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina.
For her part, Sheikh Hasina affirmed the Bangladesh’s commitment to provide shelters to some 700,000 Rohingya refugees and to continue negotiating with Myanmar for their repatriation.
Cambodia has confirmed its clear stance over Rohingya crisis in Myanmar.
On Nov. 16, 2017, Cambodian Premier underlined that Rohingya crisis is an internal affair of Myanmar and Cambodia will not interfere in this issue. The Cambodian premier also expressed his sadness over the crisis in Myanmar’s Rakhine State, adding that Cambodia is considering providing humanitarian assistance to Rakhine’s people, some of them are living in Myanmar while others fled to Bangladesh.
This article appeared on the Rasmei Kampuchea Daily newspaper website, which is a member of Asia News Network and a media partner of The Jakarta Post
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand
- Model claiming Trump secrets pleads not guilty in Thailand case
- Trump lashes out at Russia probe as 'McCarthyism'
- Four Japan athletes booted from Asian Games in prostitute scandal
- Asian Games: We need more experience, says Indonesia wrestling team after failur...