Man dies after fight at wedding party in Tangerang
The Jakarta Post
A man has died after a fight at a wedding party in Tangerang, Banten police said on Monday.
Tangerang Police chief, Sr. Comr. Harry Kurniawan said that three suspects had been arrested after the fight in Rawa Rotan village, Neglasari district, on Sunday night left the 38-year-old victim, identified as Amang, dead.
Amang reportedly came to the wedding party to enjoy a single organ music show.
Tempo.co reported that Amang was seen drinking alcoholic beverages he brought to the venue.
Around 10.30 p.m. the bride's family stopped the show because it was already late at night. Amang, still wanted to dance and requested that the show go on. His request was denied.
Becoming upset, Amang went home only to return to the venue carrying two knives. "He wanted to fight the bride's family," Harry said. "Several people who were still at the venue started beating Amang. The knives he brought were used to stab him."
Bleeding severely, Amang was rushed to a nearby hospital but died on the way. The police arrested three people who were allegedly involved in the brawl. (gis)
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- ‘Angkot’ drivers demand fewer OK OTrip program requirements
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards