Man dies after fight at wedding party in Tangerang
The Jakarta Post
A man has died after a fight at a wedding party in Tangerang, Banten police said on Monday.
Tangerang Police chief, Sr. Comr. Harry Kurniawan said that three suspects had been arrested after the fight in Rawa Rotan village, Neglasari district, on Sunday night left the 38-year-old victim, identified as Amang, dead.
Amang reportedly came to the wedding party to enjoy a single organ music show.
Tempo.co reported that Amang was seen drinking alcoholic beverages he brought to the venue.
Around 10.30 p.m. the bride's family stopped the show because it was already late at night. Amang, still wanted to dance and requested that the show go on. His request was denied.
Becoming upset, Amang went home only to return to the venue carrying two knives. "He wanted to fight the bride's family," Harry said. "Several people who were still at the venue started beating Amang. The knives he brought were used to stab him."
Bleeding severely, Amang was rushed to a nearby hospital but died on the way. The police arrested three people who were allegedly involved in the brawl. (gis)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends