Man dies after fight at wedding party in Tangerang
The Jakarta Post
A man has died after a fight at a wedding party in Tangerang, Banten police said on Monday.
Tangerang Police chief, Sr. Comr. Harry Kurniawan said that three suspects had been arrested after the fight in Rawa Rotan village, Neglasari district, on Sunday night left the 38-year-old victim, identified as Amang, dead.
Amang reportedly came to the wedding party to enjoy a single organ music show.
Tempo.co reported that Amang was seen drinking alcoholic beverages he brought to the venue.
Around 10.30 p.m. the bride's family stopped the show because it was already late at night. Amang, still wanted to dance and requested that the show go on. His request was denied.
Becoming upset, Amang went home only to return to the venue carrying two knives. "He wanted to fight the bride's family," Harry said. "Several people who were still at the venue started beating Amang. The knives he brought were used to stab him."
Bleeding severely, Amang was rushed to a nearby hospital but died on the way. The police arrested three people who were allegedly involved in the brawl. (gis)
- Transgender people assaulted by dozens of men in Bekasi
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Foreign investors allowed to own 100% shares in 25 business units
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Whale shark seen in Jakarta Bay
- Crown prince a 'red line' in Khashoggi probe: Saudi FM
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos