Motorcycle taxi drivers to soon have parking spaces at train stations
The Jakarta Post
Ojek motorcycle taxi drivers will soon have parking spaces at train stations across Greater Jakarta.
Greater Jakarta Transportation Agency (BPTJ) head Bambang Prihartono said the agency was continuing its efforts to tidy up areas around seventeen train stations in Greater Jakarta to reduce traffic congestion.
After providing a parking space for ojek drivers near Sudirman Station in Central Jakarta, BPTJ had started to build similar spaces at sixteen other train stations across Greater Jakarta, Bambang said on Monday.
“We are currently making plans for Manggarai station [in South Jakarta] and Palmerah station [in Central Jakarta]. We plan to build a two-level-parking lot in Palmerah,” he said.
The spaces near the train stations will be designed as pick up and drop off places for ojek passengers. With the addition of the parking spaces, drivers will no longer need to line up on the sides of roads, which had worsened congestion around train stations.
The train stations set to see the upgrade soon include Jatinegara, Cawang and Klender in East Jakarta; Juanda, Cikini, Tanah Abang, Karet and Palmerah in Central Jakarta; Pasar Minggu, Manggarai, Kebayoran, Duren Kalibata and Tebet in South Jakarta; Jakarta Kota and Grogol in West Jakarta; and Depok Baru in Depok, West Java. (roi)
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- ‘Angkot’ drivers demand fewer OK OTrip program requirements
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards