Airport train fare to be around Rp 70,000 to Rp 80,000: Minister
The Jakarta Post
Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi has said fares for the new railway linking Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Baten to inner Jakarta will be around Rp 70,000 (US$5.16) to Rp 80,000.
The fare is lower than the initial plan of Rp 100,000, which President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo criticized as too high.
Jokowi is scheduled to inaugurate the operation of the airport train on Monday.
“President Jokowi will kick off the operation of the airport train at 10 a.m. on Dec. 11,” the minister said.
Budi said between Dec. 11 and 31, passengers would be charge Rp 50,000 before the normal prices took effect, early next year.
“Starting Jan. 1, fares would be about Rp 70,000 to 80,000,” he said as reported by tribunnews.com
Ten trains will operate along the railway, with 82 trips per day and a headway of 30 minutes and capacity of 33,728 passengers per day.
It is estimated that it will take trains 55 minutes to travel from Manggarai Station in South Jakarta to the airport.
The trains will stop at five stations – Manggarai Station, Sudirman Baru Station, Duri Station, Batu Ceper Station and Soekarno- Hatta Airport Station.
However, for the time being, the trains will only depart from Sudirman Baru Station. (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- Lion Air crash: 'I’m sure dad could swim his way out and survive the crash'
- When Jokowi’s ‘other women’ let their hair down
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official