Commentary: Democracy is worst form of government, indeed
Endy M. Bayuni
The late Soeharto has become something of a poster boy for leadership as the nation searches for a president who can effectively deliver the goods.
Photos of the smiling president, who ruled Indonesia between 1966-1998, appear everywhere, with the caption in Javanese “piye kabare, isih penak jamanku, tho?” (How are you, better in my era, wasn’t it?), a reminder that for some, life was...
- Recognize East Jerusalem as Palestinian capital: Islamic leaders
- Paris pledges ban on wild animals in circuses
- Mount Prau hiking trails to close for three months
- The Djuanda Declaration has more to offer
- Bukit Asam plans to allocate Rp 6.5 trillion in capex in 2018
- Contemporary Minang dance praised in Vienna
- Hayek details harrowing ordeal by 'monster' Weinstein
- Indonesia's asbestos 'time bomb'
- Bon Jovi, Nina Simone enter Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Four jailed in Singapore over forged Ed Sheeran tickets