Seven ministries involved in ‘village vehicle’ development
The Jakarta Post
Seven ministries will be involved in the development of “village vehicles” , which will be sold for between Rp 60 million (US$4,428) and Rp 80 million, the Industry Ministry’s director general for small and medium enterprises, Gati Wibawaningsih, has said.
Gati said the ministry had invited the Office of the Coordinating Economic Minister, Transportation Ministry, the Agriculture Ministry, the Cooperatives and Small and Medium Enterprises Ministry, the Villages, Disadvantaged Regions and Transmigration Ministry and the National Planning Ministry to be involved in the project.
“The development of ‘village vehicles’ needs the involvement, commitment and synergy of various relevant parties,” she said in Jakarta on Wednesday as reported by tempo.co.
Gati said the government was preparing the legal basis for the development of the “village vehicles”, including a regulation that stipulated incentives for investors.
The government is also mapping out the possible contribution of small and medium enterprises in the development of “village vehicles”, she added.
The development of “village vehicles” is expected to encourage the development of the automotive industry, Gati added. (bbn)
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- ‘Black Panther’ succeeds in bringing Wakanda to world
- Three bombs hit capital of Myanmar's Rakhine state
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April