Seven ministries involved in ‘village vehicle’ development
The Jakarta Post
Seven ministries will be involved in the development of “village vehicles” , which will be sold for between Rp 60 million (US$4,428) and Rp 80 million, the Industry Ministry’s director general for small and medium enterprises, Gati Wibawaningsih, has said.
Gati said the ministry had invited the Office of the Coordinating Economic Minister, Transportation Ministry, the Agriculture Ministry, the Cooperatives and Small and Medium Enterprises Ministry, the Villages, Disadvantaged Regions and Transmigration Ministry and the National Planning Ministry to be involved in the project.
“The development of ‘village vehicles’ needs the involvement, commitment and synergy of various relevant parties,” she said in Jakarta on Wednesday as reported by tempo.co.
Gati said the government was preparing the legal basis for the development of the “village vehicles”, including a regulation that stipulated incentives for investors.
The government is also mapping out the possible contribution of small and medium enterprises in the development of “village vehicles”, she added.
The development of “village vehicles” is expected to encourage the development of the automotive industry, Gati added. (bbn)
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber