Seven ministries involved in ‘village vehicle’ development
The Jakarta Post
Seven ministries will be involved in the development of “village vehicles” , which will be sold for between Rp 60 million (US$4,428) and Rp 80 million, the Industry Ministry’s director general for small and medium enterprises, Gati Wibawaningsih, has said.
Gati said the ministry had invited the Office of the Coordinating Economic Minister, Transportation Ministry, the Agriculture Ministry, the Cooperatives and Small and Medium Enterprises Ministry, the Villages, Disadvantaged Regions and Transmigration Ministry and the National Planning Ministry to be involved in the project.
“The development of ‘village vehicles’ needs the involvement, commitment and synergy of various relevant parties,” she said in Jakarta on Wednesday as reported by tempo.co.
Gati said the government was preparing the legal basis for the development of the “village vehicles”, including a regulation that stipulated incentives for investors.
The government is also mapping out the possible contribution of small and medium enterprises in the development of “village vehicles”, she added.
The development of “village vehicles” is expected to encourage the development of the automotive industry, Gati added. (bbn)
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Trump wants to dominate space, Moon and Mars