Dozens arrested for looting Depok store
The Jakarta Post
The Depok Police in West Java have arrested dozens of individuals for their alleged roles in looting a clothing store in the city in the wee hours on Sunday.
"We have arrested 24 people. 23 men and one woman," Depok Police Criminal Investigation Department head Comr. Putu Kholis said in a statement on Monday as quoted by kompas.com.
He added that the suspects were arrested at separate times and locations.
The Police confiscated a number pieces of evidence, including six motorcycles and sharp weapons, as well as dozens of looted pieces of clothing.
A one minute 24 second clip of CCTV footage of the crime went viral on the web on Sunday, showing the perpetrators looting the store in Sukmajaya subdistrict. (fac)
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study
- Oil rises toward $63 as OPEC cuts weighed against US supplies
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore