Dozens arrested for looting Depok store
The Jakarta Post
The Depok Police in West Java have arrested dozens of individuals for their alleged roles in looting a clothing store in the city in the wee hours on Sunday.
"We have arrested 24 people. 23 men and one woman," Depok Police Criminal Investigation Department head Comr. Putu Kholis said in a statement on Monday as quoted by kompas.com.
He added that the suspects were arrested at separate times and locations.
The Police confiscated a number pieces of evidence, including six motorcycles and sharp weapons, as well as dozens of looted pieces of clothing.
A one minute 24 second clip of CCTV footage of the crime went viral on the web on Sunday, showing the perpetrators looting the store in Sukmajaya subdistrict. (fac)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?