Dozens arrested for looting Depok store
The Jakarta Post
The Depok Police in West Java have arrested dozens of individuals for their alleged roles in looting a clothing store in the city in the wee hours on Sunday.
"We have arrested 24 people. 23 men and one woman," Depok Police Criminal Investigation Department head Comr. Putu Kholis said in a statement on Monday as quoted by kompas.com.
He added that the suspects were arrested at separate times and locations.
The Police confiscated a number pieces of evidence, including six motorcycles and sharp weapons, as well as dozens of looted pieces of clothing.
A one minute 24 second clip of CCTV footage of the crime went viral on the web on Sunday, showing the perpetrators looting the store in Sukmajaya subdistrict. (fac)
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Virtual reality, interactive avatars among cruise trends of 2018
- Virgin Galactic takes one step forward in space tourism
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Man refuses bicycle prize from President Jokowi