Housing for the poor: The Kampung Deret lesson
The growth of the urban population has generated many problems, including a lack of housing for those who are poor. Most poor urban residents in Jakarta live in makeshift slums or squatter settlements.
The marginalized have resorted to occupying state land such as dumpsites, riverbanks or railway tracks, as well as private unoccupied land, where they illegally construct their dwellings.
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- Samsung launches Galaxy A8, A8+ for millennials
- Don't blame me if Trump not invited to royal wedding: May
- Thai general in the spotlight over luxury watches collection
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters