Indonesian celebrity Jennifer Dunn arrested for drugs
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have arrested celebrity Jennifer Dunn at her house in Pasar Minggu, South Jakarta.
The celebrity, who previously earned infamy for having an illicit affair, was reportedly caught consuming crystal methamphetamine with an alleged drug dealer, FS, who was also arrested after a failed attempt to flee the scene.
The police's narcotics unit head, Adj. Sr. Comr. Jean Calvin Simanjuntak, said Jennifer had purchased drugs from FS several times.
“According to FS, she had consumed meth 10 times prior to her arrest,” he said during a press conference on Tuesday. He alleged that Jennifer’s most recent drug transaction occurred on Saturday morning at a fast food restaurant in Kemang, South Jakarta, when she reportedly bought a gram of meth from FS.
After receiving reports from Jennifer’s neighbors, the narcotics unit searched her house at 3 p.m. on Sunday and confiscated 0.6 grams of methamphetamine hidden in an empty cigarette box. The police also confiscated two cell phones and a small plastic pipe containing traces of meth.
Both Jennifer and FS have been charged under the 2009 Narcotics Law, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a Rp 10 billion (US$70,000) fine.
The Jakarta Police refused to speculate on whether the suspects could be instructed to undergo rehabilitation instead of face prosecution.
Jennifer was also arrested in 2005 and 2009 for organizing drug parties. (dpk/wit)
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- For the sake of integrity
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- A year of Anies Baswedan
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem