TNI commander appoints new Kostrad chief
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian Military (TNI) commander Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto has appointed Lt. Gen. Agus Kriswanto as the chief of the Army Strategic Reserves Command (Kostrad).
Agus, formerly the head of the Army’s doctrine, education and training division, replaces Let. Gen. Edy Rahmayadi, who is set to run in the North Sumatra gubernatorial race.
Former TNI commander Gatot Nurmantyo had previously named Sriwijaya Military Commander Maj. Gen. Sudirman to the post in an order that came to light a day after Hadi was announced as Gatot’s replacement.
Hadi canceled the order on Dec. 19, 2017, saying the call to undo Gatot’s reshuffle was made after an evaluation of human resources and the needs of the military in facing future challenges.
"The evaluation was based on professionalism and a merit system," he said on Dec. 20. "In the development of a military career, there is no such thing as ‘like’ and ‘dislike.’”
Considered to be one of the most strategic command positions in the military, the Kostrad chief is capable of mobilizing a strike force of more than 40,000 personnel. (kmt/ipa)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- The warning signs get stronger
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- Washington diocese names 31 former clergy accused of abuse