Soekarno-Hatta airport serves 63m passengers in 2017
The Jakarta Post
Soekarno-Hatta International Airport has reported it received 63 million airline passengers throughout 2017, up by 8 percent from 58.2 million in 2016.
The number of international-bound passengers jumped to 14.71 million. This was a 12 percent increase from 2016, the airport wrote in a press statement.
Meanwhile, the number of domestic passengers also increased by 7 percent to 48.3 million.
In line with the rise in passenger numbers, aircraft movements also went up by 8 percent to 447,390.
"This is thanks to the implementation of a sustainable smart airport program, which gives us more efficiency and increased operational effectiveness," the airport’s executive general manager M. Suriawan Wakan said in the statement.
The management had also been developing all three existing terminals at the airport, including supporting facilities such as a Skytrain that connects the airport terminals.
The airport train service, which had only been launched late last year to cut travel time to the airport from downtown Jakarta, had also contributed to the achievement, Suriawan added. (waw)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday