Garuda Indonesia to add 30 new routes
The Jakarta Post
National flag carrier Garuda Indonesia is set to add 30 new routes for both domestic and international flights, said airline spokesman Ikhsan Rosan on Sunday.
“We will immediately open two flights to China – Denpasar-Zhengzhou and Denpasar-Xi’an,” Ikhsan said at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, as reported by tempo.co.
He did not say when the new routes would open, but stressed that China had the potential to contribute to Indonesia's tourism industry.
About 120 million Chinese nationals travel abroad annually, he said, adding that 1 million Chinese tourists visited Indonesia in 2017.
For the two new Chinese routes, Garuda Indonesia will fly five times a week, he said.
Ikhsan said for domestic services, the airline would send more flights to eastern Indonesian and provide feeder services from small, satellite cities to large cities like Medan in North Sumatra and Makassar in South Sulawesi. (bbn)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends