Garuda Indonesia to add 30 new routes
The Jakarta Post
National flag carrier Garuda Indonesia is set to add 30 new routes for both domestic and international flights, said airline spokesman Ikhsan Rosan on Sunday.
“We will immediately open two flights to China – Denpasar-Zhengzhou and Denpasar-Xi’an,” Ikhsan said at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, as reported by tempo.co.
He did not say when the new routes would open, but stressed that China had the potential to contribute to Indonesia's tourism industry.
About 120 million Chinese nationals travel abroad annually, he said, adding that 1 million Chinese tourists visited Indonesia in 2017.
For the two new Chinese routes, Garuda Indonesia will fly five times a week, he said.
Ikhsan said for domestic services, the airline would send more flights to eastern Indonesian and provide feeder services from small, satellite cities to large cities like Medan in North Sumatra and Makassar in South Sulawesi. (bbn)
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Virtual reality, interactive avatars among cruise trends of 2018
- Virgin Galactic takes one step forward in space tourism
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Man refuses bicycle prize from President Jokowi