Garuda Indonesia to add 30 new routes
The Jakarta Post
National flag carrier Garuda Indonesia is set to add 30 new routes for both domestic and international flights, said airline spokesman Ikhsan Rosan on Sunday.
“We will immediately open two flights to China – Denpasar-Zhengzhou and Denpasar-Xi’an,” Ikhsan said at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, as reported by tempo.co.
He did not say when the new routes would open, but stressed that China had the potential to contribute to Indonesia's tourism industry.
About 120 million Chinese nationals travel abroad annually, he said, adding that 1 million Chinese tourists visited Indonesia in 2017.
For the two new Chinese routes, Garuda Indonesia will fly five times a week, he said.
Ikhsan said for domestic services, the airline would send more flights to eastern Indonesian and provide feeder services from small, satellite cities to large cities like Medan in North Sumatra and Makassar in South Sulawesi. (bbn)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...