Jokowi inaugurates East Nusa Tenggara dam
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo inaugurated on Tuesday the long-awaited Raknamo Dam in Raknamo village, Kupang regency, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT).
“We express our gratitude to President Jokowi for building this large dam for us, the people of NTT. This dam is truly a gift to us,” Raknamo village chief Augusto Fernandes told The Jakarta Post on Tuesday.
The President and First Lady Iriana started their two-day visit to NTT on Monday, spending the night on Rote Island, the southernmost point of Indonesia.
On Tuesday, Jokowi opened a national coordination meeting (Rakornas) of the President Jokowi Volunteer Front (Bara JP) and distributed thousands of Indonesia Smart Cards (KIP) to residents of Rote Ndao regency.
Jokowi had distributed KIPs to eligible beneficiaries during an event at state vocational school SMK 3 in Kupang the previous day. He also gave a lecture to students of Kupang Muhammadiyah University.
On the second day of his visit, Jokowi inaugurated the Wini border post in North Timor Tengah regency and the Motamasin border post in Malaka regency, before returning to Jakarta. (ami/ebf)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters