Jokowi inaugurates East Nusa Tenggara dam
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo inaugurated on Tuesday the long-awaited Raknamo Dam in Raknamo village, Kupang regency, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT).
“We express our gratitude to President Jokowi for building this large dam for us, the people of NTT. This dam is truly a gift to us,” Raknamo village chief Augusto Fernandes told The Jakarta Post on Tuesday.
The President and First Lady Iriana started their two-day visit to NTT on Monday, spending the night on Rote Island, the southernmost point of Indonesia.
On Tuesday, Jokowi opened a national coordination meeting (Rakornas) of the President Jokowi Volunteer Front (Bara JP) and distributed thousands of Indonesia Smart Cards (KIP) to residents of Rote Ndao regency.
Jokowi had distributed KIPs to eligible beneficiaries during an event at state vocational school SMK 3 in Kupang the previous day. He also gave a lecture to students of Kupang Muhammadiyah University.
On the second day of his visit, Jokowi inaugurated the Wini border post in North Timor Tengah regency and the Motamasin border post in Malaka regency, before returning to Jakarta. (ami/ebf)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday