Jokowi inaugurates East Nusa Tenggara dam
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo inaugurated on Tuesday the long-awaited Raknamo Dam in Raknamo village, Kupang regency, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT).
“We express our gratitude to President Jokowi for building this large dam for us, the people of NTT. This dam is truly a gift to us,” Raknamo village chief Augusto Fernandes told The Jakarta Post on Tuesday.
The President and First Lady Iriana started their two-day visit to NTT on Monday, spending the night on Rote Island, the southernmost point of Indonesia.
On Tuesday, Jokowi opened a national coordination meeting (Rakornas) of the President Jokowi Volunteer Front (Bara JP) and distributed thousands of Indonesia Smart Cards (KIP) to residents of Rote Ndao regency.
Jokowi had distributed KIPs to eligible beneficiaries during an event at state vocational school SMK 3 in Kupang the previous day. He also gave a lecture to students of Kupang Muhammadiyah University.
On the second day of his visit, Jokowi inaugurated the Wini border post in North Timor Tengah regency and the Motamasin border post in Malaka regency, before returning to Jakarta. (ami/ebf)
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Four-meter snake found in West Jakarta restaurant
- US, Japan assist South Korea on historic summits with North Korea
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta