KPK requests travel ban for Setya’s lawyer, former journalist
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has asked the Law and Human Rights Ministry’s immigration office to issue travel bans on four people amid its probe into a case alleging obstruction of justice implicating former House of Representatives speaker and graft suspect Setya Novanto.
The antigraft agency requested the bans be issued for Setya’s lawyer, Fredrich Yunadi, adjutant Adj. Comr. Reza Pahlevi, former Metro TV journalist Hilman Mattauch and another lawyer, Achmad Rudyansyah.
“We made the request to make sure they’re in Indonesia whenever investigators need to question them in the case,” KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah said on Tuesday.
The KPK is investigating alleged obstruction of justice in its investigation into the embattled politician.
Setya was involved in a car accident on Nov. 16. A car transporting him, driven by Hilman, hit an electricity pole in Jakarta. The police later charged Hilman with reckless driving.
KPK investigators questioned Hilman on Tuesday about the moments leading up to the car accident.
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world