Maritime Museum catches fire on Tuesday morning
The Jakarta Post
The Maritime Museum in Penjaringan, North Jakarta, was razed by fire on Tuesday morning at around 8:55 a.m, an official has said.
Within five minutes, North Jakarta firefighters, assisted by West Jakarta firefighters, arrived at the scene with 16 fire trucks.
“We are still trying to extinguish the fire,” said North Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency head Satriadi, as quoted by kompas.com.
No casualties were reported, and workers and visitors in the museum were evacuated.
Meanwhile, museum head Husni Nizar said the fire had caused damage to the collection of miniature historical navigation equipment.
He added that the fire was first reported on the north side of the museum. (wnd)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official