After outbreak, Asmat in need of more medical specialists
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The recent measles outbreak and malnutrition cases suffered by children living in Asmat regency in Papua have exposed the devastating fact that there has been a serious shortage of doctors in the regency ever since it was established 15 years ago.
The situation became apparent at Agats General Hospital in the regency’s capital of Agats on Friday. The hospital had been receiving patients f...
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Jakarta to see medium rain but remain hot during equinox
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study