After outbreak, Asmat in need of more medical specialists
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The recent measles outbreak and malnutrition cases suffered by children living in Asmat regency in Papua have exposed the devastating fact that there has been a serious shortage of doctors in the regency ever since it was established 15 years ago.
The situation became apparent at Agats General Hospital in the regency’s capital of Agats on Friday. The hospital had been receiving patients f...
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu