Jokowi initiates BI deputy governor replacement process
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has submitted three candidates for the House of Representatives to review in starting the process of replacing Bank Indonesia (BI) deputy governor Perry Warjiyo, who will be retiring in April.
Kontan.co.id identified the three candidates as the central bank's monetary and economic policy executive director Dody Budi Waluyo, monetary policy director Doddy Zulverd and West Java representative office head Wiwiek Sisto Hidayat.
According to procedure, once the House has received the candidates' details, the House leadership will confirm their candidacy during a plenary session before further processing by the House’s consultative body.
Johnny G. Plate, a member of House Commission XI overseeing financial issues, said on Monday that the commission would then conduct a fit and proper test.
“The [candidates] have not been taken to the plenary session. Therefore, we have not yet scheduled the fit and proper test,” he said
Johnny, who is from the NasDem Party, said the party's House faction would nominate one of the candidates based on the qualifications that were needed by the central bank.
“We know Dody. because he has already taken the House’s fit and proper test. We just need to compare him with the two other candidates,” he said.
“Commission XI will schedule the fit and proper test for the remaining two candidates immediately following the plenary session.” (bbn)
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- Tourism's fatal warning
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba