Jokowi initiates BI deputy governor replacement process
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has submitted three candidates for the House of Representatives to review in starting the process of replacing Bank Indonesia (BI) deputy governor Perry Warjiyo, who will be retiring in April.
Kontan.co.id identified the three candidates as the central bank's monetary and economic policy executive director Dody Budi Waluyo, monetary policy director Doddy Zulverd and West Java representative office head Wiwiek Sisto Hidayat.
According to procedure, once the House has received the candidates' details, the House leadership will confirm their candidacy during a plenary session before further processing by the House’s consultative body.
Johnny G. Plate, a member of House Commission XI overseeing financial issues, said on Monday that the commission would then conduct a fit and proper test.
“The [candidates] have not been taken to the plenary session. Therefore, we have not yet scheduled the fit and proper test,” he said
Johnny, who is from the NasDem Party, said the party's House faction would nominate one of the candidates based on the qualifications that were needed by the central bank.
“We know Dody. because he has already taken the House’s fit and proper test. We just need to compare him with the two other candidates,” he said.
“Commission XI will schedule the fit and proper test for the remaining two candidates immediately following the plenary session.” (bbn)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Instant Noodle Longform