BREAKING NEWS: Bus accident kills at least 25 in West Java
The Jakarta Post
A road accident involving a bus in Ciater, Subang regency, West Java, has killed at least 25 people.
Subang traffic police chief Adj. Comr. Budhy Hendratno said the accident occurred at 6:10 p.m. in Ciater subdistrict on Saturday afternoon when a bus carrying tourists from Ciputat, Tangerang ramped into a motorcycle, lost control and toppled over.
“Based on the information we have gathered so far, 25 people died in the accident. We haven’t identified the victims,” Budhy said on Saturday, as quoted by Wartakota.co.id.
The police, he said, were still identifying the cause of the accident. Eyewitnesses, however, said faulty brakes likely caused the tragedy on a hilly road in the area.
“Our personnel are still carrying out evacuation [efforts] at the location,” Budhy said.
Aside from the fatalities, at least 17 bus passengers were injured in the accident. The victims were taken to nearby hospitals for medical treatment. (dmr)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- Erdogan, Saudi king discuss case of missing journalist: Turkish presidency
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- The warning signs get stronger