Uniqlo to open new stores in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Makassar
The Jakarta Post
Uniqlo, a Japanese casual wear retailer, is set to open new outlets in Jakarta, Yogyakarta and Makassar in the first half of this year.
The new store in South Jakarta, slated to open in April, is being built in Lippo Mall Kemang.
Furthermore, the store in Yogyakarta will be located in Hartono Mall. As for Makassar, the outlet is being built in Trans Studio Mall.
Kompas.com reported that the stores in Yogyakarta and Makassar are scheduled to open in May.
The new store in Makassar will be the second Uniqlo store to open outside of Java, after another one is scheduled to open in Medan in March.
“The new store in Jakarta [will be] located in Kemang, a popular place to hang out. Meanwhile, Yogyakarta and Makassar are recognized as holiday destinations in Indonesia,” said Michiaki Tanaka, the president director of PT Fast Retailing Indonesia.
Tanaka also expressed his hope that more people would have better access to Uniqlo’s LifeWear products. (jes/mut)
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims
- Indonesia, South Africa organize forum to boost economic ties
- Anwar Ibrahim: Indonesia visit to celebrate ‘Reformasi’
- Trump, Moon discuss N. Korea's threat to scrap summit