Uniqlo to open new stores in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Makassar
The Jakarta Post
Uniqlo, a Japanese casual wear retailer, is set to open new outlets in Jakarta, Yogyakarta and Makassar in the first half of this year.
The new store in South Jakarta, slated to open in April, is being built in Lippo Mall Kemang.
Furthermore, the store in Yogyakarta will be located in Hartono Mall. As for Makassar, the outlet is being built in Trans Studio Mall.
Kompas.com reported that the stores in Yogyakarta and Makassar are scheduled to open in May.
The new store in Makassar will be the second Uniqlo store to open outside of Java, after another one is scheduled to open in Medan in March.
“The new store in Jakarta [will be] located in Kemang, a popular place to hang out. Meanwhile, Yogyakarta and Makassar are recognized as holiday destinations in Indonesia,” said Michiaki Tanaka, the president director of PT Fast Retailing Indonesia.
Tanaka also expressed his hope that more people would have better access to Uniqlo’s LifeWear products. (jes/mut)
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Riau ups wildfire alert status
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste
- Big Bad Wolf returns to Jakarta in March