Uniqlo to open new stores in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Makassar
The Jakarta Post
Uniqlo, a Japanese casual wear retailer, is set to open new outlets in Jakarta, Yogyakarta and Makassar in the first half of this year.
The new store in South Jakarta, slated to open in April, is being built in Lippo Mall Kemang.
Furthermore, the store in Yogyakarta will be located in Hartono Mall. As for Makassar, the outlet is being built in Trans Studio Mall.
Kompas.com reported that the stores in Yogyakarta and Makassar are scheduled to open in May.
The new store in Makassar will be the second Uniqlo store to open outside of Java, after another one is scheduled to open in Medan in March.
“The new store in Jakarta [will be] located in Kemang, a popular place to hang out. Meanwhile, Yogyakarta and Makassar are recognized as holiday destinations in Indonesia,” said Michiaki Tanaka, the president director of PT Fast Retailing Indonesia.
Tanaka also expressed his hope that more people would have better access to Uniqlo’s LifeWear products. (jes/mut)
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Coal production at 37.11 percent of full-year target
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Remote China glacial lake bursts, no casualties
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia considers reducing imports of 500 consumer goods