Uniqlo to open new stores in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Makassar
The Jakarta Post
Uniqlo, a Japanese casual wear retailer, is set to open new outlets in Jakarta, Yogyakarta and Makassar in the first half of this year.
The new store in South Jakarta, slated to open in April, is being built in Lippo Mall Kemang.
Furthermore, the store in Yogyakarta will be located in Hartono Mall. As for Makassar, the outlet is being built in Trans Studio Mall.
Kompas.com reported that the stores in Yogyakarta and Makassar are scheduled to open in May.
The new store in Makassar will be the second Uniqlo store to open outside of Java, after another one is scheduled to open in Medan in March.
“The new store in Jakarta [will be] located in Kemang, a popular place to hang out. Meanwhile, Yogyakarta and Makassar are recognized as holiday destinations in Indonesia,” said Michiaki Tanaka, the president director of PT Fast Retailing Indonesia.
Tanaka also expressed his hope that more people would have better access to Uniqlo’s LifeWear products. (jes/mut)
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Three expat teachers detained in Balikpapan for visa violations
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate
- Gay couple arrested in Bandung as anti-LGBT wave grips W. Java
- US 'saddened' Saudi journalist dead, no mention of action
- Trump: Saudi explanation of Khashoggi death credible, 'important first step'
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Extend odd-even policy
- Plastic piling up in Japan after China waste ban: Survey