Four sub-holdings established under oil and gas holding company
The Jakarta Post
The government is going ahead with its plan to establish an oil and gas holding company, marked by the reorganization Wednesday of state-owned energy company Pertamina, a move that resulted in the removal of the gas directorate, an official has said.
State-Owned Enterprises Ministry spokesman Fajar Harry Sampurno said in Jakarta on Tuesday that the gas sub-holding would one of the four sub-holdings established under the oil and gas holding company.
“Therefore, we eliminated the gas directorate,” said Fajar, adding that the gas sub-holding company would involve state-owned gas distributor PT Perusahaan Gas Negara (PGN) and PT Pertamina Gas (Pertagas), a subsidiary of Pertamina, as reported by tribunnews.com.
The three other sub-holdings are a marketing sub-holding, an upstream sub-holding and a downstream sub-holding.
The Pertamina reorganization was held after an extraordinary shareholders meeting in Jakarta on Tuesday. Pertamina is set to lead the oil and gas holding company with PGN as its subsidiary.
Meanwhile, Fajar said, the gas sub-holding company would be led by a figure from PGN.
Pertamina investment planning and risk management director Gigih Prakoso said people from the Pertamina gas directorate would handle gas-related matters before the establishment of the gas sub-holding. (bbn)
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- KPK prosecutors demand five years for Nofel Hasan
- Trump denies kissing receptionist at Trump Tower
- Minister to evaluate Waskita’s board of directors over accident
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Thousands of teachers in Depok yet to receive monthly pay
- Black coffee and dark chocolate: Enjoying the after taste
- Britain's Queen makes surprise visit to London Fashion Week
- Indonesia prepares four fiscal incentives to boost investment
- Scapegoating the 'other' in Southeast Asia