Four sub-holdings established under oil and gas holding company
The Jakarta Post
The government is going ahead with its plan to establish an oil and gas holding company, marked by the reorganization Wednesday of state-owned energy company Pertamina, a move that resulted in the removal of the gas directorate, an official has said.
State-Owned Enterprises Ministry spokesman Fajar Harry Sampurno said in Jakarta on Tuesday that the gas sub-holding would one of the four sub-holdings established under the oil and gas holding company.
“Therefore, we eliminated the gas directorate,” said Fajar, adding that the gas sub-holding company would involve state-owned gas distributor PT Perusahaan Gas Negara (PGN) and PT Pertamina Gas (Pertagas), a subsidiary of Pertamina, as reported by tribunnews.com.
The three other sub-holdings are a marketing sub-holding, an upstream sub-holding and a downstream sub-holding.
The Pertamina reorganization was held after an extraordinary shareholders meeting in Jakarta on Tuesday. Pertamina is set to lead the oil and gas holding company with PGN as its subsidiary.
Meanwhile, Fajar said, the gas sub-holding company would be led by a figure from PGN.
Pertamina investment planning and risk management director Gigih Prakoso said people from the Pertamina gas directorate would handle gas-related matters before the establishment of the gas sub-holding. (bbn)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- The warning signs get stronger
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- Washington diocese names 31 former clergy accused of abuse