Grab to punish drivers found to have vandalized car
The Jakarta Post
Marketing director of Grab Indonesia, an app-based motorcycle ride-hailing company, Mediko Azwar, said the company would punish Grab drivers found to be involved in vandalizing a car in an underpass in Senen, Central Jakarta, on Feb. 28.
“On behalf of the company, I apologize for causing inconvenience to all road users when the incident took place,” Mediko said as quoted by tempo.co.
Mediko went on to say that the company was currently investigating the incident and deliberating the sanctions to be imposed on the drivers involved in the disorderly and disruptive behavior.
“We probably will suspend or might well fire them,” Mediko added.
A video clip, which has gone viral, shows a number of Grab drivers chasing and vandalizing an X-Trail car after the drivers accused the car driver of speeding and hitting a Grab driver. The X-Trail driver reportedly abandoned the vehicle and fled the scene.
It was reported that the Grab drivers were in a convoy on the way to a cemetery to attend the funeral of a fellow driver when the incident took place.
The Central Jakarta Police are investigating the incident, which occurred around 9 p.m. and caused traffic congestion in Senen, they have so far questioned five witnesses in the investigation. (vla)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas