Grab to punish drivers found to have vandalized car
The Jakarta Post
Marketing director of Grab Indonesia, an app-based motorcycle ride-hailing company, Mediko Azwar, said the company would punish Grab drivers found to be involved in vandalizing a car in an underpass in Senen, Central Jakarta, on Feb. 28.
“On behalf of the company, I apologize for causing inconvenience to all road users when the incident took place,” Mediko said as quoted by tempo.co.
Mediko went on to say that the company was currently investigating the incident and deliberating the sanctions to be imposed on the drivers involved in the disorderly and disruptive behavior.
“We probably will suspend or might well fire them,” Mediko added.
A video clip, which has gone viral, shows a number of Grab drivers chasing and vandalizing an X-Trail car after the drivers accused the car driver of speeding and hitting a Grab driver. The X-Trail driver reportedly abandoned the vehicle and fled the scene.
It was reported that the Grab drivers were in a convoy on the way to a cemetery to attend the funeral of a fellow driver when the incident took place.
The Central Jakarta Police are investigating the incident, which occurred around 9 p.m. and caused traffic congestion in Senen, they have so far questioned five witnesses in the investigation. (vla)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...