Digital revolution highlighted in ASEAN, EU forums
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia raised the importance of keeping up with the digital revolution during the ASEAN Young Leaders Forum (YLF) and EU-ASEAN Public Debate, as well as the Strategic Thinkers Forum, both of which were hosted by ASEAN and the European Union in Brussels last week.
The two forums aimed at evaluating relations between ASEAN and the EU in the past 40 years and seeking solutions on how ties could be improved moving forwards, according to a statement obtained by The Jakarta Post on Friday.
Westra Tanribali, the ASEAN Youth representative from Indonesia, said he and other delegates from 29 countries discussed political and security, economic, trade and business exchanges, and people-to-people contact.
During the forum, Westra highlighted the reasons for why both parties needed to keep up with the digital revolution, “specifically on how the EU and ASEAN should lead international efforts to tackle emerging threats from disruptions, such as potential job losses and cybersecurity risks, as well as the development of entrepreneurial skills.”
“The forums resulted in 11 policy recommendations that will be presented to the Strategic Thinkers’ Forum and the ASEAN-EU Ministerial Meeting [AEMM] in 2018,” he added (dis/ebf)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- University student ‘pseudo poll’: LGBT behavior caused by keeping wrong company...
- Garuda Indonesia records best OTP in Asia Pacific