Muslim Cyber Army ‘more political than ideological’
Sita W. Dewi and Gemma Holliani Cahya
The Jakarta Post
Recent arrests of Muslim Cyber Army (MCA) members by the National Police’s cybercrime unit have shed light on the group’s network and its operations online, raising concerns about potentially rising sectarian sentiment, particularly in the lead up to the 2019 elections.
Last week, the national cyberpolice uncovered a syndicate called the Family MCA, which allegedly started the wildfire...
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia