Rupiah tumbles, but fundamentals strong
The Jakarta Post
The rupiah continued its downward spiral on Thursday, when it traded at around Rp 13,759 to Rp 13,816 per US dollar, its worst performance in the last two years.
The rupiah continued to show its heightened volatility against the greenback despite a decision by Bank Indonesia (BI) to intervene in the market. The central bank reported on Wednesday that its foreign currency reserve fell by 2.9...
- Ten diaspora restaurants set to promote Indonesian tourism
- Apple tries to win back students and teachers with low-cost iPad
- Bali-based band Navicula bassist in hospital, girlfriend dies after car accident
- Ryanair to launch flights to Ukraine from October
- Indonesia, Singapore lead deep-sea expedition to West Java
- 13 Indonesian airports join Earth Hour campaign
- Two dead as suspected IS gunman takes hostages in France
- Syahrini responds to backlash over Holocaust Memorial video
- Human-like calf stuns Gorontalo residents
- Prosecutors demand 7 years for suspect in Cikupa persecution case