The one who defies Yogyakarta’s king
The Jakarta Post
Handoko (JP/Bambang Muryanto)A man carrying a pile of papers was waiting to meet a young lawyer named Handoko in Yogyakarta. He was hoping Handoko would help him settle a dispute involving his land, which was sold by another person to make way for Yogyakarta’s new airport in Kulon Progo regency.
“I’m sure he will be the brave one [to help me],” said the man. Dealing with land disput...
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Jakarta to see medium rain but remain hot during equinox
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study