Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Another earthquake struck Lebak regency in Banten on Monday evening, according to the Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency (BMKG).
The 5.2-magnitude earthquake was the third that could be felt in Jakarta this year. Its epicenter was located about 98 kilometers southwest off the coast of Lebak, or some 167 km from the capital. It struck at a depth of 10 kilometers.
No tsunami warning was issued, the BMKG said. (fac)
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India