Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Another earthquake struck Lebak regency in Banten on Monday evening, according to the Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency (BMKG).
The 5.2-magnitude earthquake was the third that could be felt in Jakarta this year. Its epicenter was located about 98 kilometers southwest off the coast of Lebak, or some 167 km from the capital. It struck at a depth of 10 kilometers.
No tsunami warning was issued, the BMKG said. (fac)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world