Well organized advocacy groups take on politicians
Safrin La Batu
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Keep it short: In Aceh, the only province that formally adopts Islamic law, sharia enforcement officers target not only LGBT people but also men who sport hairstyles that are not deemed Islamic.(Antara/Ampelsa)In Indonesia, the issue of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights started to become a major national issue that grabbed world attention only a few years ago when conservative r...
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?