Jakarta hosts Southeast Asia pharmaceutical ingredients exhibition
The Jakarta Post
Lawmakers, professional associations and pharmaceutical industry players came together in Jakarta at the Convention on Pharmaceutical Ingredients Southeast Asia (CPhI SEA) 2018 from March 27 to 29.
They are expected to get together; interact and exchange ideas on improving the pharmaceutical industry, said exhibition organizing agency PT UBM Pameran Niaga Indonesia president director Christopher Eve in Jakarta on Tuesday.
He said the organizers expect 5,000 visitors to attend the event.
“Through this event, pharmaceutical industry players can showcase their technological innovations, trade ideas and collaborate with each other,” Eve said.
Meanwhile, Health Ministry pharmaceutical and health equipment director general Maura Linda Sitanggang expressed hope that the event would boost investment in the pharmaceutical industry.
“Since this event allows people to interact with each other, I think it is possible for people to trade ideas and information regarding resources and technology,” she told reporters after speaking at the opening ceremony of the event.
The three-day event was held at the Jakarta International Expo Kemayoran and attended by 260 participants from Romania, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Austria and Ireland.
The event features a conference, start-up forum, innovation gallery, technology updates and business matching program. (dpk/bbn)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC