Pastors renew priesthood promises ahead of Holy Week
The Jakarta Post
Eight Catholic priests from all areas of the Bogor Diocese attended a Mass to renew their presbyterate promises at Bogor Cathedral on Tuesday as part of their final preparations to enter the Holy Week, the week just before Easter.
In the Mass, they also gave their blessings to three types of holy oil, namely oleum catechumenorum or oleum sanctorum, oleum infirmorum for ill people and sacrum chrisma.
Bogor Bishop Paskalis Bruno Syukur said during the presbyterate Mass he instructed that all pastors must be loyal to each other and manage to work together in carrying out church duties.
“Let’s become pastors who are loyal and sincere in carrying out duties both as diocesan priests and missionaries, because as priests we are assigned to lead, teach and sanctify our congregations,” said Paskalis.
He reminded all pastors attending the Mass that if they wanted to know and follow the life path of Jesus Christ, they must be able to live modestly and humbly because Jesus’ life was very modest. He further said Jesus had a faithful commitment to suffer to free people shackled in various life difficulties and to help people who faced life challenges.
Paskalis said all priests must be able to do the same thing: build togetherness in the spirit of Jesus. “We have always been reminded to become a role model for our followers and lead them to the right way.”
Beatae Mariae Virgins Church pastor Dominikus Savio Tukiyo said the priests attending the presbyterate promise renewal event were from 22 parishes. (ebf)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire