Jokowi tours Sukabumi with his gold chopper
The Jakarta Post
Looking sporty in matching denim outerwear and a pair of sneakers, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo rode his chopper in Sukabumi, West Java, on Sunday.
Before departing from Bantar Gadung district office and heading 30 kilometers to the south to Pelabuhan Ratu Beach, Jokowi showed his vehicle registration and ownership documents (STNK and BPKB) as well as his personal driving license (SIM).
“I have everything; all administrative documents should be complete,” he said as reported by kompas.com.
Jokowi purchased the modified Chopperland for Rp 140 million (US$10,000) from Elders Garage workshop in Lebak Bulus, South Jakarta, in January.
Read also: President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle to boost local businesses
He was accompanied by Public Works and Housing Minister Basuki Hadimuljono, Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi, Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko and dozens of local bikers.
Aside from his gold motorcycle, Jokowi’s denim jacket also attracted attention from the Sukabumi crowd, with a red-and-white map of Indonesia crossing the chest and letters in batik spelling “Indonesia” on the back.
The event took place after Jokowi visited several infrastructure projects in the regency, one of which was the Cigombong-Cicurug double-track railway construction site on Saturday. (vla)
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- KPK raids PLN president director's house in Jakarta
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star