Jokowi tours Sukabumi with his gold chopper
The Jakarta Post
Looking sporty in matching denim outerwear and a pair of sneakers, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo rode his chopper in Sukabumi, West Java, on Sunday.
Before departing from Bantar Gadung district office and heading 30 kilometers to the south to Pelabuhan Ratu Beach, Jokowi showed his vehicle registration and ownership documents (STNK and BPKB) as well as his personal driving license (SIM).
“I have everything; all administrative documents should be complete,” he said as reported by kompas.com.
Jokowi purchased the modified Chopperland for Rp 140 million (US$10,000) from Elders Garage workshop in Lebak Bulus, South Jakarta, in January.
Read also: President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle to boost local businesses
He was accompanied by Public Works and Housing Minister Basuki Hadimuljono, Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi, Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko and dozens of local bikers.
Aside from his gold motorcycle, Jokowi’s denim jacket also attracted attention from the Sukabumi crowd, with a red-and-white map of Indonesia crossing the chest and letters in batik spelling “Indonesia” on the back.
The event took place after Jokowi visited several infrastructure projects in the regency, one of which was the Cigombong-Cicurug double-track railway construction site on Saturday. (vla)
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta