Jokowi tours Sukabumi with his gold chopper
The Jakarta Post
Looking sporty in matching denim outerwear and a pair of sneakers, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo rode his chopper in Sukabumi, West Java, on Sunday.
Before departing from Bantar Gadung district office and heading 30 kilometers to the south to Pelabuhan Ratu Beach, Jokowi showed his vehicle registration and ownership documents (STNK and BPKB) as well as his personal driving license (SIM).
“I have everything; all administrative documents should be complete,” he said as reported by kompas.com.
Jokowi purchased the modified Chopperland for Rp 140 million (US$10,000) from Elders Garage workshop in Lebak Bulus, South Jakarta, in January.
Read also: President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle to boost local businesses
He was accompanied by Public Works and Housing Minister Basuki Hadimuljono, Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi, Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko and dozens of local bikers.
Aside from his gold motorcycle, Jokowi’s denim jacket also attracted attention from the Sukabumi crowd, with a red-and-white map of Indonesia crossing the chest and letters in batik spelling “Indonesia” on the back.
The event took place after Jokowi visited several infrastructure projects in the regency, one of which was the Cigombong-Cicurug double-track railway construction site on Saturday. (vla)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- ASEAN’s priority: China