Man found dead in Ciliwung River
The Jakarta Post
The East Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency have found the body of a man who apparently drowned in the Ciliwung River on Sunday. The officers later identified the man as Rafli Nurizki, 19, who reportedly went missing on Saturday.
Gatot Sulaiman from the agency said some eyewitnesses saw Rafli jump into the river on Saturday. He reportedly had mental health problems. Residents and officers tried to save him but he was carried away by the strong current. The agency later launched a search for Rafli, deploying 12 officers.
The authorities found Rafli dead on Sunday afternoon.
“Our team only found him at 3.11 p.m. [on Sunday] after he was declared missing a day before,” Gatot said on Sunday as reported by Warta Kota. (ami/dmr)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages