Man found dead in Ciliwung River
The Jakarta Post
The East Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency have found the body of a man who apparently drowned in the Ciliwung River on Sunday. The officers later identified the man as Rafli Nurizki, 19, who reportedly went missing on Saturday.
Gatot Sulaiman from the agency said some eyewitnesses saw Rafli jump into the river on Saturday. He reportedly had mental health problems. Residents and officers tried to save him but he was carried away by the strong current. The agency later launched a search for Rafli, deploying 12 officers.
The authorities found Rafli dead on Sunday afternoon.
“Our team only found him at 3.11 p.m. [on Sunday] after he was declared missing a day before,” Gatot said on Sunday as reported by Warta Kota. (ami/dmr)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Instant Noodle Longform