Ticket sale for Mariah Carey concert starts Wednesday
The Jakarta Post
Mariah Carey’s fans in Indonesia and neighboring countries should get ready to purchase tickets for the diva’s concert at the world heritage Borobudur Temple compound in Magelang, Central Java, slated for Nov. 6.
Concert project manager Palwoto said the pre-sale of tickets to the event would begin online at www.tiketapasaja.com next Wednesday. Meanwhile, regular tickets would go on sale next Friday on the same website.
“The pre-sale tickets are 20 percent cheaper than the regular ones,” Palwoto told a press conference at Borobudur Temple on Thursday afternoon.
Palwoto, who is the finance, human resource and investment director of the temple’s management company, PT Taman Wisata Candi Prambanan, Borobudur dan Ratu Boko (TWC), said the tickets were divided into five categories: super VVIP (on call only), diamond, platinum, gold and festival.
While the price for the super VVIP tickets remains undisclosed, the concert’s project management says diamond tickets will be sold at Rp 7 million (US$509), followed by the three other categories at Rp 3.5 million, Rp 2 million and Rp 1 million, consecutively.
“For a Mariah Carey’s concert, this is the cheapest pricelist in the world, thanks to it being organized by a state-owned company,” said Anas Syahrul Alimi, CEO of the concert’s event consultant company Rajawali Indonesia Communication, referring to PT TWC.
TWC president director Edy Setijono said the concert, dubbed Borobudur Symphony, was organized as part of the ‘BUMN Hadir untuk Negeri’ (State Enterprises Present for the Nation).
“We want to accommodate all levels of society,” said Edy, expressing his expectation that the concert would lure an audience of 7,000, with foreigners to account for about 25 percent.
Anas expressed the same optimism, saying the event would hopefully attract visitors from other Southeast Asia nations, because the US pop grandee would only have two concerts in the region this year, namely in Manila in October and in Borobudur.
Anas said the concert would be held at the Lumbini Park in the temple compound, with Borobudur – the biggest Buddhist temple in the world, as the background.
“By combining two masterpieces of the world, the temple and the diva legend, this will be a magnificent performance,” Anas promised. (ebf)
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?