Anticipate climate migration
Arif Budi Rahman
A recent World Bank study, titled “Groundswell — Preparing for Internal Climate Migration”, highlights the impact of climate change on migration which, if not anticipated, can cause a significant humanitarian emergency.
There could be a migration of more than 143 million people in sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia and Latin America by 2050, the study said. These three areas represent 55...
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Trump says Queen thinks Brexit is 'very complex problem': Report
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- 52 alleged robbers shot by police ahead of Asian Games
- White House, CNN in fresh row over scrapped Bolton interview