Anticipate climate migration
Arif Budi Rahman
A recent World Bank study, titled “Groundswell — Preparing for Internal Climate Migration”, highlights the impact of climate change on migration which, if not anticipated, can cause a significant humanitarian emergency.
There could be a migration of more than 143 million people in sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia and Latin America by 2050, the study said. These three areas represent 55...
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Electric cars made by Indonesian students featured at Jakarta motor show
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: To infinity … and be awed!
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2