Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Video Weather icon 30°C
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
weather-icon
30°C Partly Cloudy

Dry and mostly cloudy throughout the day.

  • weather-icon

    Wed

    26℃ - 32℃

  • weather-icon

    Thu

    25℃ - 32℃

  • weather-icon

    Fri

    25℃ - 31℃

  • weather-icon

    Sat

    26℃ - 30℃

Coal miner Indika to set aside 42% of profit as dividends

  • Stefanno Reinard Sulaiman
    Stefanno Reinard Sulaiman

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta | Thu, April 26, 2018 | 05:38 pm
Coal miner Indika to set aside 42% of profit as dividends Publicly listed coal miner Indika Energy president director Arsjad Rasid (second left) and finance director Aziz Armand (second right) talk to journalists after attending the company's annual general shareholders meeting on April 26. (JP/Stefanno Reinard Sulaiman)

Publicly listed coal miner PT Indika Energy announced on Thursday that it would set aside US$40 million, 42.34 percent of its core profit in 2017, as dividends for its shareholders.

The company booked $94.4 million in profit last year, an increase or 318 percent from the figure in 2016.

The significant growth was particularly supported by the strong performances of its subsidiaries.

Meanwhile, Indika Energy president director Arsjad Rasid said after the company’s annual shareholders meeting on Thursday that the company had finished several projects, such as the expansion of the Tangguh liquefied natural gas (LNG) refinery in West Papua and the development of a gas refinery.

In 2017, Indika also issued $265 million in bonds. "The bonds improved our company's liquidity," he said.

Last December, the firm, through its subsidiary PT Indika Inti Corporindo, completed the $517 million acquisition of coal producer PT Kideco Jaya Agung, which is the third-largest coal producer in the country. With the acquisition of a 45 percent stake from South Korean resource and energy company Samtan Co. Ltd. and PT Muji Inti Utama, Indika now controls 91 percent of the company’s shares. Samtan holds the remaining 9 percent of Kideco. (bbn)

 

Join the discussions