KPK nabs lawmaker for alleged graft
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) arrested nine people, including one lawmaker, in a raid in Jakarta on Friday evening.
“There were nine individuals arrested. They consist of one House of Representatives member overseeing financial affairs, businesspeople and government employees,” KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah said on Saturday.
He added that KPK officials confiscated hundreds of millions of rupiah from one of the arrestees during the operation.
Febri, however, refused to reveal further details on the arrests, saying investigators would gather more information and evidence before naming any suspects in the case.
Friday’s arrest was the ninth operation carried out by the antigraft body this year.
On April 11, a KPK investigation team arrested West Bandung Regent Abu Bakar, who was suspected of asking for money from a number of regency administration officials to fund the political campaign of his wife, Elin Suharliah, who is now running in the upcoming election for the West Bandung regent seat. (ahw)
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Coal production at 37.11 percent of full-year target
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Remote China glacial lake bursts, no casualties
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia considers reducing imports of 500 consumer goods