Mitra Adiperkasa to introduce sushi franchise in Vietnam
The Jakarta Post
Multi-brand lifestyle company PT Mitra Adiperkasa in its overseas operations this year is focusing on Vietnam, following a positive trend of growth in its businesses in the country.
One of the brands that Mitra Adiperkasa is seeking to introduce in Vietnam is automated sushi restaurant Genki Sushi, a franchise that operates under its subsidiary PT Agung Mandiri Lestari.
“Our main priority is to focus on Vietnam,” said Mitra Adiperkasa vice president director Virendra Prakash Sharma, as reported by kontan.co.id, without specifying how many outlets the company would open in Vietnam.
Mitra Adiperkasa’s decision to focus on Vietnam was made after the company saw a positive trend in its Vietnam business. Two of the company’s Zara outlets in Vietnam booked the highest sales in Asia.
However, he assured that Indonesia would still be the company's main focus.
“As for Malaysia, we have already received requests [to open], but a decision has not yet been made because everything needs to be done step by step and one by one. Indonesia is still our focus in terms of market, followed by Vietnam, then the others,” he said. (dwa)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?