Mitra Adiperkasa to introduce sushi franchise in Vietnam
The Jakarta Post
Multi-brand lifestyle company PT Mitra Adiperkasa in its overseas operations this year is focusing on Vietnam, following a positive trend of growth in its businesses in the country.
One of the brands that Mitra Adiperkasa is seeking to introduce in Vietnam is automated sushi restaurant Genki Sushi, a franchise that operates under its subsidiary PT Agung Mandiri Lestari.
“Our main priority is to focus on Vietnam,” said Mitra Adiperkasa vice president director Virendra Prakash Sharma, as reported by kontan.co.id, without specifying how many outlets the company would open in Vietnam.
Mitra Adiperkasa’s decision to focus on Vietnam was made after the company saw a positive trend in its Vietnam business. Two of the company’s Zara outlets in Vietnam booked the highest sales in Asia.
However, he assured that Indonesia would still be the company's main focus.
“As for Malaysia, we have already received requests [to open], but a decision has not yet been made because everything needs to be done step by step and one by one. Indonesia is still our focus in terms of market, followed by Vietnam, then the others,” he said. (dwa)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October