BREAKING: Alleged bomb attacks hit three Surabaya churches: Police
Vela Andapita and Wahyoe Boedhiwardhana
The Jakarta Post
Explosions occurred at three churches in Surabaya, East Java, on Sunday morning, police say.
East Java Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Frans Barung Mangera told The Jakarta Post the explosions took place at Santa Maria Tak Bercela Catholic Church (STMB) on Jl. Ngagel Madya in Gubeng, Pantekosta Pusat Surabaya (GPPS) Church on Jl. Raya Arjuna and Kristen Indonesia (GKI) Diponegoro Church on Jl. Diponegoro.
“We have yet to confirm any casualties in the incidents. We’ll notify [the press] as soon as possible,” he said.
According to kompas.com, the explosion at STMB occurred at 7.a.m.
“It occurred before Sunday services began,” said an officer at Gubeng Police, noting that police officers had been deployed to the scene. (ahw)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes