Surabaya bombings: Please don't share pictures, videos of victims, police say
The Jakarta Post
The National Police have called on the public not to share graphic pictures and videos of the deadly Surabaya church bombings that occurred on Sunday morning to prevent fear from spreading.
"Please stop [sharing] photos over social networks. We should not fall into the trap set by the terrorists who want to spread fear among us," National Police spokesman Brig. Gen. Muhammad Iqbal said, as quoted by KompasTV.
"Show that we are not afraid," he asserted.
A string of suicide bombings occurred at three churches in Surabaya, East Java, on Sunday morning, police said.
East Java Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Frans Barung Mangera told The Jakarta Post the explosions took place at Santa Maria Tak Bercela Catholic Church (STMB) on Jl. Ngagel Madya in Gubeng, Pantekosta Pusat Surabaya (GPPS) Church on Jl. Raya Arjuna and Kristen Indonesia (GKI) Diponegoro Church on Jl. Diponegoro. (dmr)
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Saudi state carrier hit by system failure ahead of haj
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech