Surabaya bombings: Please don't share pictures, videos of victims, police say
The Jakarta Post
The National Police have called on the public not to share graphic pictures and videos of the deadly Surabaya church bombings that occurred on Sunday morning to prevent fear from spreading.
"Please stop [sharing] photos over social networks. We should not fall into the trap set by the terrorists who want to spread fear among us," National Police spokesman Brig. Gen. Muhammad Iqbal said, as quoted by KompasTV.
"Show that we are not afraid," he asserted.
A string of suicide bombings occurred at three churches in Surabaya, East Java, on Sunday morning, police said.
East Java Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Frans Barung Mangera told The Jakarta Post the explosions took place at Santa Maria Tak Bercela Catholic Church (STMB) on Jl. Ngagel Madya in Gubeng, Pantekosta Pusat Surabaya (GPPS) Church on Jl. Raya Arjuna and Kristen Indonesia (GKI) Diponegoro Church on Jl. Diponegoro. (dmr)
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'